Home/Fitness/Before and After Wedding Fitness Tips with Anjana Kayasta
Before and After Wedding Fitness Tips with Anjana Kayasta
Weddings are one of the most chaotic yet glamorous parts of life. And, when it’s your wedding, it is even more chaotic, with all the wedding related arrangements that need to be completed to perfection; and all the more glamorous, because you are going to be the center of attraction.
Through all the scamper and scrabbles, to-be-brides are often in a dilemma as to how to stay fit and energetic for the big day when there is so much to do. So, Wedding Bells has come to your rescue with 10 easy and simple beginners’ exercises especially packaged by Anjana Kayasta.
Anjana Kayasta is a professional fitness trainer who also owns a gym by the name ‘BeFit’ at Bhatbhateni, just above Road House Café. This set of exercises can be done either at home or at your nearest gym with no trouble even for beginners. She has been very careful not to over stress the beginners, and thus has provided an easy but effective workout routine.
Here’s the list of 10 exercises for to-be-brides
- High knee
- Lift your knees in exaggerated running motion as shown in the picture.
- Side Skaters
- Place your left leg behind your right and squat.
- Do the same with your right leg behind your left.
- Push Up
- Take a small stool and place your hands on the stool and feet on the ground.
- You can bend your knee, or take a plank position, depending upon your strength.
- Begin lowering your body and go back to the previous position.
- Jumping Jack
- Stand in an attention position.
- Jump, parting your legs and arms.
- Take your hands above your head as you jump.
- Static Lunges
- Place your right leg in front of your left and bend your right knee. Keep your left leg straight.
- Go back to original position and repeat.
- Repeat again, changing the position of your legs.
- Stand erect.
- Take a squat position. Then move to plank position.
- Go back to squat.
- Stand up again and repeat.
- Squat Jump
- Part your legs and lower your hips to squat position.
- After you squat, jump.
- Lie down and with support of your elbows and toes take a plank position as shown.
- Hold that position as long as you can.
- Mountain Climber
- Take support of a stool as shown in the picture and bend your right knee.
- Take your right leg back to position with left leg and bend your left knee.
- Repeat as fast as you can.
- Bird Dog
- With the support of your left knee and right hand, lift your body as shown.
- Hold the position as long as you can.
- Do the same, changing your knee and hand.
Diet and Fitness
Besides exercise, diet is also a very important aspect when it comes to fitness. Many fitness experts believe that fitness comprises only 30% of exercise and the rest is up to what you take in. Therefore, it is very important to keep your eye on what you intake in order to stay fit.
Firstly, it is very important for you to come out of the taboo that not eating will get you the perfect wedding body that you want. Not eating will only sicken you and make you look paler and weak. So, what you must do is eat healthy, instead of not eating.
So, we again sought help from Anjana Kayasta to enlighten us on the perfect pre-wedding diet, in order to have a fresh and glowing skin. According to her, what you must eat are as follows:
- Maintain a high fiber diet: Remember to include in your diet lots of fruits and colorful vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are very high sources of fibers, and brings magic to your skin.
- Water: One must consume at least 3 liters of water a day to remain hydrated. Staying hydrated not only enhances your skin, but also, your overall body metabolism.
- Processed carbohydrates: Processed carbohydrates are a big ‘no-no’ when it comes to healthy diet. It does more harm than it does good. So, stay away from processed carbohydrates, such as biscuits, chips, etc.
- Dairy: You never know what causes your body to bloat. So, to be on the safer side, you can cut down on dairy products. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks like Coke, Fanta, soda, etc. contain lots of sugar content, which is the biggest hazard to your fitness diet. So, stay away from carbonated drinks at all cost.
Two important tips
Tip 1: Go on a detox diet once a week
Going on a detox diet once a week helps you release the toxins in your body. It also gives you an extra push for your healthy diet. Detox diet involves lots of liquid intake, as staying hydrated is the key to healthy detox. Always remember to drink lots of water. Besides water, you can also consume lots of fruits and vegetables, or make a juice out of those fruits and vegetables that you want to take. Basically, while detoxing, you cut down on carbohydrates, fats, and cooked meals.
Tip 2: Break your food portions
Another important tip for your pre-wedding fitness is to break your diet. Break your normal three to four-meal diet into six-meal diet, and consume small portions. In this way, you won’t over-eat and won’t even feel hungry.
After giving up so many food items that you love, it is only normal for you to develop cravings soon after the wedding, and your honeymoon period becomes the most unhealthy diet period, with you consuming all that you want. So, within one month, most people put up more weight than they had lost in the past few months with all the hard work and dedication. Therefore, after your honeymoon period is the time to re-start your fitness routine all over again.
After the wedding, when all the chaos and glamour finally die down, it is not very important to go back to your pre-wedding diet, which may seem too difficult to keep up with. So, after the wedding, what you must include in your diet are protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, and fibers.
For protein, you can consume eggs and meat, especially chicken breast, fish, salmons. For carbohydrates, you can eat oats, and also vegetables. For fiber, green leafy vegetables, chia seeds, and flax seeds are recommended. And for fat, olive oil would be a nice option.
For post-wedding workout, it is recommended that you join a gym near your new home or work place. While working out, you can focus mainly on aerobics-based weight training and cardio.
Important Reminder: Before you start any workout, always remember to do dynamic stretches to get the blood flowing and energize your body. After working out, do static stretches to relax your muscles.
Share this Post
Comment On this Post
Just imagine how romantic it would be to peer over the ro...
15 December 2017 - 12:20 pm
As the most awaited day of your life nears, you are bound...
17 December 2017 - 11:20 am
Choosing the right wedding photogr...