Home/Foods/That Perfect Wedding Cake
That Perfect Wedding Cake
Wedding cakes have become an important part of the celebrations, and grander and more elaborate year upon year. Confused about how to plan for your perfect wedding cake? Here are some tips from professionals that will help you select your dream wedding cake.
Utpal Kumar Mondal, Executive Chef at Radisson
Chef Utpal gives his tips and advice on how to get a splendid wedding cake.
- The first and most important thing is to decide on the number of people coming to your wedding. The final number will help set the size of the cake. It could be anything from a three-layered cake to a 20-kg one!
- The design is, naturally, a very important aspect. This depends completely on the couple. What I would suggest is that both the bride and groom sit down together and do a lot of research on their dream cake. They can browse the internet or even design their own style. The sky is the limit when it comes to creativity, and we want to help recreate that dream into a reality.
- Another thing the couple should note is if the cake matches the theme of the wedding. There are a lot of thematic weddings these days, so they might want a cake according to the theme.
- The flavor and taste! This is the most important part. Make a wise decision on what flavor combination you want. Have at least two to three combinations in mind. Decide also if the cake should be eggless or with egg. If you want a buttercream frosting or fondant. Minor details are very important.
- Something I would suggest to all couples is that they should do a small taste test before deciding on the final flavor. We can reproduce miniature pastries with the flavor, and then the couple can make the final decision. Going in blind is always a risky option.
Wedding cakes are gaining a lot of importance, and each is different from the other. There is a dream wedding cake for everyone out there!
Pratap Mohan Dhaubhadel, Executive Pastry Chef at Hotel Yak and Yeti
Chef Pratap tells us about the do’s and don’ts when it comes to selecting the perfect cake.
- The most important thing is to select the design of the cake. Browse through the internet, or let your imagination go wild. It is very important to select a cake that you really like. Don’t get carried away by all the designs. Be very selective.
- When it comes to selecting the size, it always depends on the number of people. But, I would recommend the couple to go for fewer tiers, as it the new trend. Of course, the ultimate decision is on the couple!
- Selecting a flavor is also very important. It would be good to fix a meeting with the chef and discuss your likes and dislikes. Select two or three flavors, and then have a small taste test. This will help you decide the flavor that you want.
- I think one of the most important things is to place the order in good time. Ideally, two or three weeks before the wedding. This gives us time to plan, and if any changes are to be made, it can be done with ease. Last minute orders are always hasty and not well done.
- Another thing I would recommend is to look at the budget. Finalize the price and then make decisions regarding the size, flavor, and design.
The wedding cake has, and will always have, an important role in the wedding celebrations. It reflects the couple’s style. So, be patient, and take care to select the perfect wedding cake!
Share this Post
Comment On this Post
15 December 2017 - 12:10 pm
Nepalis living in foreign countries have it tougher when ...
12 December 2017 - 10:50 am
No doubt you want to have an immensely big day, so it&rsq...
11 December 2017 - 11:00 am